Saturday, July 19, 2014

Suspending Disbelief

6 Red Spokes BlocksI had ambitious plans for my FNSI last night, but ... a too hot studio and a head still spinning from my work day resulted in limited results.

I did make the six 7-inch spokes blocks that I need for this month in my rainbow scraps challenge version of the Mod-Mod Quilt-Along.

As I made them, I realized I was a little fearful that the red blocks would be over-powering when combined with the rest. Once I suspended disbelief and moved forward, I was pleasantly surprised.

My ideas of what this version of the quilt–with mono-chromatic blocks in colors not of my choosing–continues to change each month, but ... so far, I'm not hating it.

Today I pulled out all the blocks and put them into their relative places on the design wall.

Mod-Mod Quilt in Progress

7 comments:

Gina said...

Love how that modern sampler quilt looks so far xxx

Soma Acharya said...

Very Pretty!! The red blocks look really nice along with all the other blocks on your design wall.

-Soma

Sandra said...

I love what you have achieved, well done

Jo said...

I think the red blocks are looking hood in there

Jo said...

Oops... **** good****

scraphappy said...

I'm not hating it too. In fact, it is coming together quite nicely I think.

Terri said...

I had my doubts, Sophie, but that "sampler" is starting to be gorgeous!
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...