Friday, July 04, 2014

Patriotic Fabric Choices

Star Challenge BlockWhen my plans for today went SPLAT–actually it was me who tripped and went splat on the pavement yesterday and was too sore to be walking around today–I thought it might be a good day to make a block for Astronaut Karen Nyberg's Star Block Challenge.

I've known about the challenge since last Fall, but forgot until Lynda reminded me in an email suggesting it might be a fun July activity for the Block Lotto community.  The deadline is August 1.

You can read more about it here.

I remembered how last Fall, I had been thinking of making a version of one of the blocks I was planning for the lotto this year ... though it was only a rough pencil sketch back then.  Now I had the pattern (June's Sunrise block) and all I had to do was resize it.

I have no doubt my red, white and blue color choices were influenced by the day.  Happy Independence Day ... wherever you are and whatever you did, I hope your Fourth of July was a lot more eventful (and less sedentary) than mine.

8 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Bactine for your scrapped knees!

Love the star! Looks 'spacey" (Like Kevin)

suemac said...

Your star block is very nice. I am sure it will make a great addition to the quilt.

Judy S. said...

Perfect ! I love it. Sorry about your spill and hope you're feeling lots better today!

Terri said...

Sorry about your fall. Hubby fell a few days ago, too, and isn't feeling that good yet. But look at the bright side: you had to sit, and work on that gorgeous star. It's amazing, and so are you.
Hugs

Needled Mom said...

I hope you are feeling less sore soon. The block looks great in those colors.

Kathryn said...

I'm glad nothing was broken. I seem to have a talent for tripping also. Hope healing is quick.

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! Hope you are feeling better today than yesterday.

Cathy said...

Ok, your star makes the one I was thinking of making seem lame!! Love the colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...