Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Little Hand Applique on a Sunday Afternoon

Yesterday was the guild's Red Hen Auction.  One of the lots I won contained a nearly finished Halloween appliqué and book.

Pumpkin Patch Appliqué

I don't make many seasonal projects or Sunbonnet Sue blocks,  so I thought this would be good for me ... plus the price was right, since no one else wanted it and I cannot resist an unwanted orphan.

The pattern for the orphan is not in the book that accompanied it, but I found it on Sentimental Stitches, as part of an Angelic Sunbonnet Sue series. Here's her version.

The designer blogged about the series here and you can find the pattern for the wall hanging here.  Isn't the internet a wonderful resource? A quick search for Sunbonnet Sue + Pumpkin patch and I found it at the top of the search results.

To finish it as it was designed, looks like I only need to add a hand and a star and finish the appliqué ... then decide what to do with it.  Pillow cover, maybe?

It's my plan for some Slow Stitching Sunday later today.

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

A pillow will be a great way to finish it.

Quilter Kathy said...

How fun to rescue little Sue from the UFO bin! It would be a lovely door hanging for October!

Deb A said...

She is very happy you rescued her! She'll make a wonderful seasonal pillow.

Cathy said...

Oh, what a rescue! What fun fabrics. Yes, it would make a cute pillow.

Jennie in GA said...

Love Fall seasonal so, and this is a cutie.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Now this is a fun block! Nice rescue.

Karen said...

Love the pun in the post title!

CathieJ said...

I love the way the fabric you used gives the impression of a stormy sky. Beautiful.

Dixie said...

Orphans are so tempting, I just can't turn one down! Now, the question is "Why aren't our own orphans (UFOs) equally compelling?

joe tulips said...

Geez. Maybe if I just read further I would know how auction went! Love the ghost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...