Sunday, August 30, 2015

More Slow Stitching in the Pumpkin Patch

Auditioning FabricsI have finished the appliqué on all the parts included with this orphan and have pulled a couple of fabrics from my stash for the moon in the original pattern and an additional border to make the pillow cover that I plan to make from this a little larger.

I will be pin-basting a couple quilts this afternoon–a task which is my least favorite in quilt making–with the reward of some relaxing slow Sunday evening stitching to add the silvery moon and call this done.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh this is a real cutie project! hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

That will make a cute pillow. I really hate pin basting too. I have to get down on the floor to do it and after a big quilt my legs and back and shoulders ache for days.

CathieJ said...

This is coming along very nicely. I really like the fabric for the border.

Anonymous said...

How cute that is! What a great UFO to decide to finish at this time.

Quilter Kathy said...

Ah yes.. pin basting... I'll be doing that myself this weekend.
Enjoy your stitching time!

jenclair said...

Oh, I love this Halloween scene!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...