Monday, August 24, 2015

Preparing for Play

I confess that I was looking for something else that I had tucked away before the move (which I haven't yet found) when I pulled out my in-progress Scrap Bag Challenge.

Completed bits and pieces on the design wallI put the completed units on the small design wall, which is (another confession) not yet attached to the wall in my sewing room.

I still have quite a few fabrics left in the zip-lock bag that must be used in the challenge.

Fabrics still to be used.



I described how the Scrap Bag Challenge works at the bottom of this post: Challenged by Challenges. 

Coming back to spending time quilting has made me see how much I need it as part of de-stressing.  This week, I'm going to make a conscious effort to spend at least 15 minutes working on this project playing and enjoy the tangible and intangible benefits.

Since I almost have a design wall again and something on it to share, I'm joining the lists for Design Wall Monday  and Monday Making.

6 comments:

beth s said...

Love what you've got there! This will be a great quilt!

Kaja said...

This is looking great! I like your leaf shape, balanced with the more vertical blocks. And fantastic colours too.

Angie in SoCal said...

This looks very interesting and colorful, Sophie. Sure you'll do your usual magic with the pieces.

Kate said...

Looks like you have a good start. Playing in the sewing room is the best stress relief there is. Even if it's only 15 minutes.

joe tulips said...

I love it so far! Is there a deadline on getting it done? How did the auction go?

Anonymous said...

That does look like de-stressing fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the next steps with what's still in the bag.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...