When I read that the AAQI quilt-a-month club challenge for June included Winter theme, I thought about a pair of old unfinished challenges pieces in my UFO/WIP collection. Originally begun as part of another challenge, I thought the 8 x 16 inch pieces of my winter diptych could be re-worked into the 9 x 12 format. I removed some of the sky and could have chopped off the snow at the bottom of the piece, but I didn't think I'd like the proportions and the more I thought about it . . . another idea emerged.
I started to see a great place to start for a winter-themed round robin quilt. Maybe it's the fact that it's been 100-plus degrees hot-hot-hot here and I'm starting to wonder if a little winter in my life would be such a bad thing.
If the ladies in charge will accept me at this late date, I'll be joining the in-progress Liberated Round Robin . . . if I'm too late, I'll likely play along with this nested round robin group on my own.
To see more design walls/tables and work-in-progress, check out the links in Judy's Design Wall Monday post.
No longer on the work table at my house, is the pillow I made for the pink portion of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge last month. I like those pale-ish baskets so much more with their yo-yo "blooms" planted in them.
I sewed the quilted back and front sections together with the right sides on the outside and then bound the edges.