Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'm blaming it on the Moon

Moonlight - July 22I figured it was close to a full moon when I couldn't sleep the past couple nights. The lack of quality sleep is making my days less creative/productive, too.  The bird quilt is still not basted ...

Last night, before I went to bed, I stepped outside onto the roof deck for some fresh air and a glimpse of the moonlit landscape.

I wasn't thinking when Grace followed me out, like a shot and went over the wall to the roof beyond the deck.  Johnny soon followed her ... and I was left to watching for glimpses of their white spots as they wandered.  After a while, when it was clear they were not coming in anytime soon, I went inside for my camera and a package of cat treats that I knew would be interesting to Johnny ... he must have heard the fridge door, because he was already inside when I came back upstairs, with treats and camera in hand.

Cats on the wallBelieve it or not, both cats usually come inside when I call them ... but not under this crazy-making full moon ;-)

In the dark, all I could see of them was the occasional flash of white fur in the moonlight.  Since I couldn't take a photo of them, here they are a couple days earlier ... I think Johnny is threatening to groom her to death if she doesn't get off his wall.

3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Ohhhhhhhh....the almost full moon explains a lot over here as well.....:D :D

Barbara C said...

The full moon gives my cats the late night crazies too. They love to be out in the moonlight.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I never sleep when the moon is full. What a gorgeous photo.
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...