Monday, July 22, 2013

More of the Same (on the Design Wall)

Some things have been moved around, but little has changed since last week on my design wall and several projects are waiting there this morning.

Design Wall - July 20

035 - Feathered Star VariationI made one more of the foundation pieced feathered star blocks from the book, A Flock of Feathered Stars, as one of my Daily Feathers, making five blocks ... and a reason to see how they would look if put on point.

The curvy-pieced bird blocks are waiting for one more for their flock ... and a design in which to live.

The I-spy lotto blocks are waiting for the end of the month when a winner's name will be drawn.  I really liked the idea of using simply house blocks as frames for I-spy fabrics ... when, over the weekend, I saw the quilt that Brenda is making using this idea, I saw proof of the possibilities of this approach.

The house blocks also serve to remind me that I need to add the explanation of the approach I used to the Block Patterns page ... which I'm going to do as soon as I finish this post.


Almost Finished quilt top - TweetA few days ago, this crib-sized quilt top came down from the design wall–although I have shared the photo on the Block Lotto, since the design elements came from bird, house and flying geese blocks we've made this year and on the Daily Feather, but forgot to include it here.

I was going back and forth in my head about what I wanted for the back. Over the weekend, I picked up a black and white print with the idea of using lots of colored quilting threads that will show nicely, front and back. I think quilting this is going to be a lot of fun and want to get started soon so that it will be a Lovely Finish for July.

I'm sharing my design wall with the linky party on Judy's blog.  Are you?


2 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

I admire your patience with the feathered star blocks. They are all fabulous!
Love the crib quilt as well - have to go and check block lotto...

Mary said...

I love the feathered stars and still want to make a few someday. The bird crib quilt looks fun. Is it for a special baby??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...