The bird blocks and a large flock of flying geese were made as part of my Daily Feather project.
- Miter the corners of the borders (they are pinned in place now)
- Re check my match ... I made a large flock of flying geese units, but, although there are more than you see in the photo, I don't think that I have made enough.
- Make more flying geese if needed.
- Make the corner blocks for the flying geese border
- Add the flying geese border
- Add/stitch appliqué elements (perches and doors for the houses)
- Mark the quilting designs. I plan to use a mix of marked and unmarked free motion quilting.
- Layer and baste the quilt
- Quilt, bind and label it.
It sounds so quick and easy, doesn't it? The appliqué will be sewn by hand--my plan for today's Slow Stitch Sunday.