Sunday, July 14, 2013

July's Lovely Progress ... and Today's Plan for Slow Stitching

Here is where I am with Tweet, the crib-sized quilt that is my project for a Lovely Finish this month.

 On the design wall

021 - Flock of Flying Geese (Quilt Units)The bird blocks and a large flock of flying geese were made as part of my Daily Feather project.

What's next:

  • Miter the corners of the borders (they are pinned in place now)
  • Re check my match ... I made a large flock of flying geese units, but, although there are more than you see in the photo, I don't think that I have made enough.  
  • Make more flying geese if needed.
  • Make the corner blocks for the flying geese border
  • Add the flying geese border
  • Add/stitch appliqué elements (perches and doors for the houses)
  • Mark the quilting designs.  I plan to use a mix of marked and unmarked free motion quilting. 
  • Layer and baste the quilt
  • Quilt, bind and label it. 
It sounds so quick and easy, doesn't it?  The appliqué will be sewn by hand--my plan for today's Slow Stitch Sunday



12 comments:

Julierose said...

This is simply a stunning quilt! Love the colors..hugs, Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love using flying geese as a border, perfect for this bird quilt. Very creative!

Quilter Kathy said...

It is coming along perfectly! The creative juices are flowing and all the next steps are ready to take! Thanks for linking up!

Cathy said...

Oh, what a fun quilt! Can't help but smile looking at it.

Kathryn said...

I don't know what I like better, the lovely contrast of orange with aqua, or the great background fabric that looks like billowy clouds. This will be great.

libbyquilter said...

a really cute quilt that is coming together here and the colors are really wonderful~!!~

you're right, it looks to quick and easy in list form but this slow stitching takes lots of time.
it looks as though you will reach your goal though. i guess at least part of the success hinges on good organizational skills.

:-)
libbyQ

Deb A said...

What an easy list (hehe!) A few words but lots of time. Enjoy your slow stitching today on a very cute quilt.

Barbara said...

It's adorable, Sophie. Nicely done.

Kathy S. said...

Love everything about your bird quilt, Sophie! Great design and use of color. Somebody's going to be really lucky to have that one.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Yes, it does alway sound quick and easy . . . ha, we know better. I love this quilt though!!!

Lorna McMahon said...

Wow! Those orange birds against the aqua background.... Awesome! And I love the use of the black and white prints in the design. Love it!

Carrie P. said...

what a fun quilt. Love those birds.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...