Sunday, July 07, 2013

Order from the Chaos on my Design Wall

Lately, lots of ideas have been bouncing around in my head and around the studio.  They are reflected by the chaos currently on my design wall.

Design Wall - July 6

Much of this mish-mash of projects comes from my Daily Father project ... the rest are blocks made so far for the Block Lotto.   Starting from top left and working my way down, I have: 

  • the first 12 inch feathered star in a series of blocks from Carolyn Cullinan McCormick's book, A Flock of Feathered Stars: Paper Pieced for Perfection.
  • three blocks (one embroidered drummer, two foundation pieced feathers) for a Yankee Doodle quilt idea.
  • my pieced bird from Judy Dales' book on Curves.  I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to try hand-piecing this block and that is my plan for Slow Stitch Sunday tonight. 
  • three I-spy House lotto blocks.  I don't like the proportions of a couple of these blocks ... I'll definitely be making more of these–I'll post more about them and share the block pattern later this week
On the right side of my smallish design wall is the birdie crib quilt in progress.  I haven't yet cut into the newly dyed fabric to see how well it's going to work and I have some open design questions about borders, but I feel on track for a Lovely Finish in July.

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

So many wonderful projects to work/play with!
Enjoy your hand stitching today.
Thanks for linking up!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your working on a lot of variety there. I like having several projects going sometimes, it helps keep my interest

Angie in SoCal said...

What a colorful design wall - a picture like that would brighten the day. Love all the projects, especially the crib quilt.

audrey said...

Wow! Love your bright and bold bird quilt so far. Very cheerful and fun! Looks like you're keeping very busy.:)

Anonymous said...

I love your design wall! It looks great, and very appealing, as well as a feathery delight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...