Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mini Work in Progress

The work on my quilt for Doll Quilt Swap II often looks a lot like this.

Hint #3

These are some of 96 units which will finish at 1/2 inch by 1-1/2 inch.

There's been lots of cutting and counting and lots of chain piecing. It's an unusual feeling to be making a quilt from matching quilt blocks, cut from the same fabrics. I don't usually work that way. The batik fabrics are creating quite a bit of variation . . . I like the effect and hope the recipient will, too.

This is what my 12 pieced blocks look like . . . from a certain angle ;-)

Hint #3 - completed blocks

I'm also considering some of this pretty hand-dyed thread for the quilting . . . but first, I need to get busy with some itty bitty sashing and get the top assembled.

Hint #3 - quilting thread options

My best laid plans of making a second quilt has temporarily stalled–I'm hoping I love this one enough to motivate me to keep sewing in itty bitty land long enough to complete a second one of these for me. For the moment, I think it's going to take all the focus and concentration I can muster to finish this swap quilt on time.

6 comments:

black bear cabin said...

sophie...you tease! :)
cant wait till its finished so we can finally get a peek at it :)
keep quilting!
lisajo

TX Blu Sky said...

That was a fun post! I haven't seen Oliver Twist thread before but it sure looks pretty! Can't wait to see how this little gem comes out.

Happy Thursday!

Debbie Z. Lattuga said...

Your little pieced rectangles are so cute... and tiny. Your side angle photo of the blocks had me standing up to catch a glimpse of the top block. No use. Can't wait.

Christine Thresh said...

Itty bitty. I don't think I'd have the stamina to do those.

sophie said...

I think every quilter should try working itty bitty once in a while . . . this once could turn out to be my once in a lifetime ;-)

Sheri said...

So that's how you sew those itty bitty ones :)
Sheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...