Sunday, January 25, 2009

Celebrating One Month in My New World

I celebrated the passing of one month in my new world in Texas by attending the Dallas Symphony performance of Dvorák's Symphony No. 9, aka New World Symphony–how's that for for synchronicity?

It was part of a very interesting program which included Rossini's Overture to La gazza ladra and a premiere of a Harp Concerto by Bright Sheng: Never Far Away.

A man sitting next to me asked if I had come because Leonard Slatkin was conducting–I considered that a bonus. His expressive style sure was fun to watch.

Arts District SignThe weather warmed up enough that I decided to walk to Myerson Symphony Center. Downtown is pretty quiet on Sunday afternoon, but as soon as you cross into the Arts District, things are more lively, and people are out and about.

The Hall itself is fantastic–sorry, no photos allowed–the acoustics wonderful and, of course, the symphony was superb. I needed a break from all the tasks on my lists and this was a pretty terrific way to spend the afternoon and celebrate my one month milestone.

3 comments:

Gina said...

What agreat way to spend an afternoon

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Rian said...

Happy anniversary, what a great way to celebrate!

Collagemama said...

Welcome to Dallas. I'm glad you enjoyed the Meyerson Symphony Center. Be sure to attend when Jaap Van Zweden is conducting the Dallas Symphony. He is amazing.

Winnowings sent me your blog info. I am in Plano, up 75 in suburbia from your loft.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...