Monday, January 26, 2009

Juicin'

First Juice in the LoftAfter spending two weeks in the motel, unpacking my juicer, setting it up and making my go-to drink, green lemonade, was a small step toward normalcy when I moved into the loft.

Rian reminded me of that when she posted about her new juicer and how she was putting kale through it. (Kale is surprisingly good when you juice it and terrifically good FOR you.) Green Lemonade is one of the recipes I've embraced from The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalie Rose.

People reacted badly to my photo of the bright green juice the last time I shared it, so here's what it looks like before it goes through the juices: apple, lemon, ginger, kale and romaine lettuce. Pretty, right?

Another recipe I like a lot from this book is :

Raw Carrot Blended Renew

2 cups fresh carrot juice
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
1 clover garlic

Bend all ingredients in a blender on high until smooth. (makes
4 servings)

Sometimes I just juice the carrots with ginger and garlic and stir in some curry and skip the avocado, like this morning–it's pretty colorful, spicy, sweet and tasty good, too.

My Juicy Colorful Breakfast

Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

Rian said...

You are right, Sophie, kale is delicious juiced. I tried to post a picture of the green juice (kale, cucumber, green apple) yesterday but the website wouldn't take it).

My juicer says you can't juice avocados or bananas. Jim now saves the outside leaves from the lettuce that I usually throw away and he'll put it in the juicer.

I want to try beets next time. I love beets. I was thinking the juicer would be a cool way to make dye.

Wilma Lee said...

Well, I don't juice anything but it's fun to hear that you do, lol. But beets???? YUK! I just love your loft. I always wanted to live in one HUGE room.

Christine Thresh said...

I am enjoying your new life in Dallas. I hope you are too.
I'll stick with my decaf green tea, but I'll raise a cup to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...