Saturday, January 24, 2009

Maybe I Need To Add Blogging To My TO DO List

My list has become driven by my TO DO list. My TO DO list has become so long that it is now divided into sections:

The job hunt;
Things to find or research;
Thing to do (inside the loft);
Things to do (outside);
Things to buy (with subsections for IKEA and Sam's Club); and
Block Lotto things

While I was packing and moving Kate graciously took up the reigns of the monthly Block Lotto for me through the end of last year. Upon my arrival in the Dallas area, I've taken it back. I hand-stitched these four January lotto blocks in the motel room on New Year's eve--a great way to see in the new year.

Bow Tie Block #1 Bow Tie Block #4
Bow Tie Block #2 Bow Tie Block #3

The Block Lotto continues to be tremendously successful. We made more than 2100 blocks last year and this month we've already made more than 200 of these charming plaid bow ties. (You can see them all here.)

But, among the many tasks on my list and the sections, I haven't nudged myself to blog things and blogging, as you may have noticed as stopped. Maybe I need to add a Things to blog about section to my list? I do think about it (and take photos) . . . I just never get around to it these days.

I have made small progress finding doctors, someone to cut my hair, understanding how my Michigan medical insurance will work, updating my resume, networking, unpacking, rearranging, finally getting functional DSL, and figuring out what else has to be added to the list to research, find, follow-up on, buy, etc. I'm having some fun, too. I've even navigated my way around this place–Baylor Medical Center–a couple times.



I'll try to be better about blogging about all of it.

4 comments:

Hilda said...

I can so relate to this post. I always have good intentions when it comes to blogging, but since I got back from Brazil, I haven't written a word. What do I do instead...go from blog to blog reading everyone's blog and neglecting my own. If you discover a secret to posting more regularly, please share it! ;-)

Barbara C said...

Getting adjusted to a new place takes a lot of time and energy, but it looks like you're making headway.

I love those bow tie blocks. I've got a very similar project hibernating: the plaids are cut from recycled shirts. I've got to get back to that project. We've all got our "to do" lists.

Rian said...

Be sure to schedule in some fun. Relocating (finding your way around!) is always stressful. And having to root through things to find stuff in your boxes until everything has its place is stressful too. I hope it goes well for you. It's an adventure!

Unknown said...

I love the plaid bow ties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...