Saturday, January 03, 2009

Synchronicity

One day last fall, a job posting led me, via a google ad, to a web site for some lofts in Las Colinas which led me to more information about the area, including The Mustangs of Las Colinas. Fast forward to now and I find myself living, temporarily, in the same city as this beautiful, larger than life, sculpture of Mustangs running through a granite creek in a plaza surrounded by office buildings.

The Mustangs of Las Colinas

It was an incredibly beautiful day today, bright and sunny, with a high around 80, so I decided to go find these horses. They are fantastic. My camera battery died soon after I arrived, but I managed a few photos to share.

You know the drill, click the images for larger versions. You can also see professional photos and read more about the Mustangs and their museum here.

The Mustangs of Las Colinas The Mustangs of Las Colinas The Mustangs of Las Colinas

Something else I had tripped over when I was sitting in Michigan was a Quilt Exhibit by Texas quilt artists at the Irving Art Center. It's part of a collaborative exhibitionof a wide variety of quilts that started last Fall at 17 Dallas-area cultural institutions called Quilt Mania II. I have been driving back and froth past the art center since I arrived and today, I decided to stop and check it out. My camera battery was dead, so I'll likely go back again to take some nice photos of the 20 or so art quilts by Texas Artists that are hanging there, but I captured a couple images with my iPhone today to share a flavor of the place.

New Beginnings Quilt Exhibit

The quilt above is Firewheels (2006), by Judy Kriehn of Garland, Texas. The photo below shows the space in which the exhibit was hung. The quilt in the center is is Through Tuscany (2006), by Cynthia England of Dickinson. On the right is Safety First (2004) by Barbara Oliver Hartman, of Flower Mound, TX.

Three Quilts on the Landing

When I read about both of these places last fall, I thought to plan to visit–I never imagined this is where I'd land. It was a nice bit of synchronicity.

2 comments:

Barbara C said...

Best wishes as you get settled into your new surroundings. It's a good sign that you're surrounded by so many beautiful sights.

Cyndee said...

Hi from cold and snowy Lansing, Michigan. You missed a few more inches of snow here today. I love the horse statuary. How cool!! It is also nice to know that you found quilts to view. Thanks for sharing with us. Keep us up to date on your adventures in finding a new job and a new home. I wish you all the best. I am also glad you are blogging again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...