Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Oh Yea, Now I Remember

Here's what was included in the packed up scrappy flying geese WIP.

Now I remember ...


Yesterday, I remembered that my intention was to make a scrappy checkerboard border, using the cream fabrics, alternated with the darker tans and the scrappy pile of squares and strips.  The green print  on the left is for one idea for the something I want to add at the top of the geese, the sun block was a reminder of another design possibility ... and all the positive feedback to the block lotto BIRD blocks that we walking across the top of my design wall the other day, has me considering that possibility as well.  In the meantime, all the sewing I've actually done on this project since I unpacked it was adding a skinny border to float the scrappy flying geese.

Scrappy Geese Progess

Clearly I need to focus, if this is to become an Lovely Finish this month.

I'm sharing this post on Esther's WOW and Lee's WIP Wednesday lists.  It's what I'm up to this week, what about you? 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fabulous collection of flying geese.

The Calico Cat said...

You crack me up... All I did was add a spacer... If you want the sun on the top, I can see the birds walking on the bottom...

sophie said...

The sun was one idea, but I had originally planned for a little bit of appliqué including a few birds (different from the bird blocks we are making for the Block Lotto.

The collection of flying geese are the result of a swap of scrappy Flying Geese Units. I grouped them in sets of three that were light, medium and dark.

Beth said...

Love all of your flying geese.

Anonymous said...

Love these blocks. I like Calico Cat's idea, too. The birds definitely need to be on here somewhere, if you feel like making that many! I was working this morning on HST to finally complete the lotto blocks I won months ago!

Renee said...

Wonderful flying geese! What a fun quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...