Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Morning

It was one of those mornings.  When the alarm went off, I tried to ignore it and kept my eyes squeezed shut and didn't budge.  My body wanted more sleep, but the persistent alarm–and remembering that it was trash day and I hadn't yet dragged my bin to to the curb, compelled me to open my eyes ... what I saw was more brilliant than captured in this iPhone photo ... but you get the idea.

Friday, April 12 Sunrise

Sometimes, it seems, all we really have to do is open our eyes and take in the view.

Weekend Update on the Block Lotto asks what happens to the quilts you make. For the first time, I think, since I became a quilter,  my living space has lots of good walls for hanging quilts ... and I fight the urge to go overboard, though I indulge myself a little in private spaces.  When you walk into my bedroom, there's no doubt that a quilters sleeps here (along with her cat).

A quilter sleeps here

(Grace Hopper refused to budge from the bed to allow me to straighten that quilt ... that's her spot and she was already letting me know that I had interrupted her afternoon cat nap.)

If you read this blog, probably everything looks familiar in this photo, but if not, here are links to posts about the Block Lotto quilt on the wall, the bed quilt, the scrappy triangle pillow shams and the hand quilted pillow on the desk chair. 

I've been hanging quilts using 3M control strip hooks.  It's working well and I love the impermanence of it.  The quilt on the wall is 72 inches square and hung with two hooks rated at 3 pounds each.

I'm sharing on Pat Sloan's Show & Tell linked list.  Follow the link to check out the eye candy. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that sunrise is something to wake up for. No sunrise here this morning, cloudy and windy. I love your colourful room with the quilts.

Wilma Lee said...

Beautiful!!! I decorate with quilts wherever I can. I hate empty walls, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...