Sunday, March 17, 2013

Early Morning Photos

My Feline Photo AssistantsAfter staying in bed long enough to watch another beautiful sunrise, I decided the sky was so beautiful and the light so lovely, I'd take the new pillows outside for photos. My two Feline photo assistants were there to help.

Since surveilling the deck–and the roof beyond if he can get away with it–has become part of Johnny's morning routine, it was a win-win idea. Grace doesn't like the cold deck, but the morning's excitement was enough to bring her outside to join us.

Early Morning Sky ... and my completed Pillow Shams

Scrappy Triangles Pillow ShamsThe pillow covers are 24 inches square, quilted simply in-the-ditch, backed with an old Hoffman Challenge fabric and bound with the darkest purple used in the half-square triangles.

They'll be going onto my bed, but these photos make me want to make something like them for the deck chair ... it looks so much cozier with quilty pillows.

8 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Wow! The pillows are gorgeous.

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful! They look great out on your deck chair - now all they need is a matching lap quilt for these chilly mornings.

Julierose said...

Lovely pillows--and colors--they sparkle!! Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful pillows and a wonderful place for a little nap!

joe tulips said...

I like them put on the chairs too. Love the purple.

black bear cabin said...

Love those pillows...i may have to copy your idea :)

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of those pillow on your deck. I love the privacy of your deck. Mine has a railing all the way around. Difference of being in TN vs. the southwest, I guess. I doubt there's a dab of adobe around here anywhere!

lj_cox said...

Those pillows look amazing! And I agree about something quilty for the chair, it's a great backdrop for showcasing quilts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...