Tuesday, March 05, 2013

March Lotto Blocks

10 Steps Block for March Block LottoContinuing our year of 6 by 9 inch rectangle blocks, we're making this log cabin variation for the March Block Lotto.

The color guidelines are to use white + gray + your choice of color.

The construction is like the Court House steps style log cabin, with "logs" added in pairs, on opposite sides.  The fabric placement makes is similar to a square traditional block called White House Steps.

I always say it, but I do think this has lots of quilt design/setting possibilities.  If you'd like to play with some of those possibilities, my directions are here:
Steps Block Pattern Cover
Steps Block Pattern

The pattern includes directions for making the block, a coloring sheet, a foundation for paper foundation piecing, and the virtual quilt made from block photos from the Block Lotto.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love it!

Kate North said...

I love this. Wonder if I have any grey fabric...

Anonymous said...

I like that patterned gray. I hadn't thought about using a patterned fabric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...