Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Evening Binding

My Slow Stitch Sunday project will be adding the binding to my tea towel challenge quilt.  For the first time in a long time (years!), the binding will NOT be scrappy–just a simple black binding to frame the quilt.

Since I cannot share a colorful scrapping binding with you to mark the occasion, here's a view from the (plain muslin) back of the quilt--showing some of my very first FMQ stitches on the Singer 301 outlining all those leaves on tea tea towel  and the last of FMQ stitching as I added black stitching to trace the lines on the butterflies.

The Other Side

Don't judge the tension and quilter control problems too harshly ... I developed a lot of skill along the way.  There are some loose threads in this photo, too, that I didn't notice until I uploaded it :-)

In case you've missed my posts on this project, here's the tea towel I used as a start for this project.

Sophie's Tea Towel

I plan to share the finished quilt later this week.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

It looks fabulous from over here in Winnipeg. I'm impressed you tried out your old Singer for this project. how big is the quilt?

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

So intricate! my goodness that's alot of stitching! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a great idea to outline a tea towel. Great machine quilting practice!

Kate said...

The back is as pretty as the front!

Quilter Kathy said...

I think you are doing an AMAZING job with a complex design...wow!
Thanks for linking up!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your machine quilting! You can really see all the work you did when seeing the back. Beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...