Friday, March 15, 2013

Preparing for Worldwide Quilting Day

Basting the QuiltI set a deadline for myself of getting the tea towel challenge top completed, off the wall, and ready to quilt on National Quilting Day.  I finished it up last night–can I get a Whoop whoop?

Here's a sneak peek of the pin-basted quilt.  I have some ideas about how I'll quilt some of the sections ... I am counting on the quilt to tell me what it needs for the rest ;-)

I challenged myself to quilt this one on my Singer 301. It doesn't seem to like some of the finer threads; I am hoping to be able to use some shiny rayon to outline all those leaves on the tea towel ... I'm looking forward to see how it goes.

In honor of Worldwide Quilting Day, I'm going to share the Block Lotto Weekend Update linky party here.   Please add a link with your Worldwide Quilting Day plans.

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very nice quilt....five of us are getting together tomorrow to sew a quilt a little.

Sue Daurio said...

Can't wait to see how you quilt it. I love what I see so far.

Anonymous said...

anxious to see it finished

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...