Saturday, March 23, 2013

Still Quilting

As a result of the Friday Night Sew Quilt In, I'm still quilting the tea towel challenge quilt ... but I did make a lot of progress.

More Quilting

Look close and you can see the basting pins in the checkerboard border ... and that the hens are missing some quilted details and that the triangle border is only half-quilted with feathers.  I could be still quilting for a while.

A cold front is blowing–really blowing–through here, so I plan to spend my time inside this weekend, continuing to quilt away on this piece and putting together a sample lotto block and directions for for April so I can send out the sneak peek tomorrow.  


Johnny watches ...The cold weather and wind make no difference to my big boy cat, Johnny. It's his job, apparently, to go outside and survey the neighborhood each morning, before I can begin my day.  Once he determines the neighborhood is safe (and I'm dressed and ready to go downstairs), he races me to the kitchen and his food bowl ... to make sure I remember to top it off for him ;-)

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh, I really love those little chickens! It's a cold windy day here, too. Sunny and looking like Spring--but not so fast!! We have snow predicted for Monday!! Aaaargh Julierose

Unknown said...

I love your quilting and your patience, while your Spring is slow in coming our Summer is taking it's time in leaving. We are having warmer than usual days here in Australia. Enjoy your weekend

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Heavens that is sweet

Pokey said...

It see-ems slow, but really it is coming along well. I like the chickens on the tea towel center. Good boy, Johnny!
:-}pokey

Anonymous said...

I really like the feather arcs in the triangles. Very nice project. Challenges teach us so much! Thanks for sharing the update this weekend. It isn't spring here either!

Andra Gayle said...

It is fabulous! I love it!

Mama Spark said...

I am really loving all the tea towel quilts I am seeing in blog land. I really love yours, especially the colors! Almost makes me want to make one! Johnny is just looking out for you. Don't worry he has your back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...