Monday, March 11, 2013

Photographing Big Quilts

This is the first time in a long time that I live in a space that allows me to hang and photograph big quilts. I keep telling myself I need to take advantage of the space and take photos of a couple quilts I've made that were never really photographed and documented.

Wild Pansy is the big (100 inches square) bed quilt that I (finally) finished and added the binding last night. It was quilted by Coreen Strzalka of That's my Quilt, days before I left Michigan.  I packed it away and it has been stored in one place or another until this week. 

Wild Pansy Quilt

It was made from scrappy Buckeye Beauty blocks (with purple used in the triangles) swapped long ago and far away.

Here are some detail photos, showing the scrappy purple binding, a single block, and some quilting details.

Scrappy Purple Binding

Wild Pansy - Buckeye Beauty Block   Wild Pansy - Quilting Detail

Wild Pansy - Quilting Detail   Wild Pansy - Quilting Detail

3 comments:

Quilty Conscience said...

Good for you! Getting the big beauty finished. You have lived many places. It must have been interesting.

Kathryn said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish. I hope you have only sweet dreams when sleeping under it. Best wishes, Kathie L in Allentown

Rainbows in Wool said...

Strange, I can have a rug for months with the binding half sewn on but a quilt, I have to bind it once it's quilted. I didn't think about it until I read how long you've had this ready to bind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...