Saturday, November 09, 2013

It's a Little Intimidating

Like a blank page, there is so much open white space on my red & white sampler, made from this year's lotto block patterns, it's a little intimidating.

Sampler top with December blocks covered

The black rectangle is hiding the 4 blocks made with the December block pattern–don't want to spoil the surprise.

If any of the blocks appeal to you, you'll find links to all the patterns at the top of my Block Patterns page

My plan has always been to make a sample quilt using the 6 by 9 inch lotto blocks for this year, leaving lots of open space for quilting: some of it will be very traditional and marked; some will be unmarked free motion; some will, I hope, have a modern feeling.  I'm excited to get started ... and a little intimidated. 

6 comments:

Brenda said...

this is really great. I like the idea of the spaces between the blocks.

Kathy S. said...

What a great way to commemorate 2013! Love the red and white. I have no doubt that you will fill the white with something amazing!

Barbara said...

It's very cute. It has classic appeal.

roccagal said...

luv luv luv this!

roccagal said...

luv luv luv this!

Kathryn said...

thanks for the reminder of all the fun blocks you've given us for the year. I still need to do my baskets for this month. I'll get there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...