Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Simple. Healthy. Good.

I collect lots of interesting-looking recipes, but it's usually the simplest ones I go back to again and again.  What's better than fresh ingredients, simply prepared that taste good?

Kate blogged a tart that sounded so good ...  and I turned it into pizza with a gluten-free crust.

Pesto Pizza with Zucchini and Mushrooms

The original recipe is on BBC's Good Food site here: Courgette, Mushroom and Mozzarella Tart. I used Chebe All Purpose (gluten-free) Bread Mix for my crust ... and when I was done, I cut up the box and made the templates on yesterday's blog post.

5 comments:

Elaine M said...

Yummy! You find the best recipes. You should add a Tab to your post categories for them.

Kate North said...

Looks lovely as a pizza as well :) Sometimes I use red pesto, sometimes green...

Sue McPeak said...

Hi Sophie...Thanks for leaving the comment about 'no reply'...I do know about that and it is one of the things I do not like about having a google+profile, but as far as I have been able to find out, there is no other option but to change back to a blogger profile. I went to google+ for the unlimited use of photos, and am way to far into it to back out.

That is the reason I leave a signature link back to my blog when I make a comment on your blog posts. I guess I should include my email as well for those who prefer to reply via email rather than a return visit. I often do both....sorry for the inconvience to you. I am enjoying your blog very much since finding you on QuilterBlogs.com.

Sue CollectInTexas Gal collectintexas@gmail.com

Sue McPeak said...

Oh, and about this recipe...I'm excited to find it, as I eat GLUTEN FREE. Thanks for the links and the idea of using the boxes to make gluten free templates...LOL! What quilters won't think of!!!
Sue CollectInTexas Gal collectintexas@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Great adaptation - looks delicious - and making the box useful, too? Priceless! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...