I've been cutting, counting and sewing them into units that will be used to make the border blocks for my patriotic quilt. Once I stacked and counted and pronounced myself done, it didn't seem all that impressive.
I wanted to use as much of the original fabrics as I could–the center of the quilt was constructed as part of a fabric exchange and challenge–so many of the two inch squares were cut one-at-a-time ... though eventually, I ran out and added more blue from my stash, cut in long width of fabric strips.
When the border blocks are finished (and I've made something yet to be decided for the corners), they'll be added to the quilt (which now has it's setting triangles attached) and I will finish up the appliqué by adding some leaves to my red daisies.
Then, I think I might be ready to quilt it ... but you never know. Sometimes the quilts I make and I disagree about when they are "done."
I'm joining the lists for WIP Wednesdays on Esther's Blog and Freshly Pieced. Anyone who loves appliqué or historic reproduction quilts should be sure to check out what Esther is working on for her next BOM. It's stunning.
This is also my mid-month check-in post for a Lovely Year of Finishes.