Monday, June 17, 2013

Transitions on my Design Wall

Design Wall - June 16

These are the border blocks for my Lone Star quilt and yesterday's daily feather for my 365 project, a feathered star block.

As often happens, the transition between projects can be jarring because of shift in colors and scale. The border blocks are for a 60-inch throw/wall quilt, my June project for a Lovely Year of Finishes.  The feathered star is 19 inches. It's the first in a series I plan to make for the Daily Feather.

5 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Well, I'm in awe of your feathered star!! I have one I started some time back....w-a-y back!!


Good transition!

Rhonda said...

Your feathered star is stunning.

Podunk Pretties said...

Admiring your star. I've a couple patterns but....

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

your feathered star is beautiful. you have courage and great skills! i do like to look at a design wall that is in transition, it gives a better peek at what kind of quilter you are;) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I think that border would look great with the feathered stars, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...