Back in March, I blogged about the new metallic thread I planned to use ... I tried and failed miserably and because I had waited until the last possible moment before the swap deadline to try (and fail), I missed out. I ripped out the failing stitching and put it away ... until yesterday.
Maybe it was all those interesting hexies at Fiber Arts Fiesta that inspired me. Yesterday afternoon, I made a new start on quilting with some more conventional cotton thread.
The hexie cogs are English paper pieced and hand appliquéd. Now that I have no plans for the finished quilt, it has become an opportunity to play/practice free motion quilting and try something new. It measures approximately 18 by 23 inches.
It's what's on my design wall today.