Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Sunny Summer Sunflowers

In June, I am sharing my photos and thoughts on quilts from the Fiber Arts Festival that took place in Albuquerque May 23-25.

Today's quilt is Sunflowers by Lori Box, quilted by Lynn Horpedahl. 

Sunflowers by Lori Box

It was the first place winner in the category for Large Traditional Pieced and/or Appliquéd quilts.  I love it because of the combination of beautiful needle-turned appliqué, scrappy piecing and interesting quilting design. 

Sunflowers by Lori Box - Detail

The quilter's statement says that it was adapted from a pattern by Be a Mansanarez.

1 comment:

Helen Wahl said...

I LOVE this quilt but probably because I LOVE sunflowers! I think this is probably the first vertical row quilt I have seen. Really need to look this up and put it in my 'to do one day' notebook.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...