Monday, January 11, 2010

Blog as Design Wall

I've thought about piecing a banner for the Block Lotto group blog for at least as long as the blog has existed . . . and actually spent some time over the past few days pulling out some scraps and doing it. When I started thinking about how big the borders should be, I realized that I really needed to see it in its intended destination, so I took an in-progress photo, cropped it to approximate what I was thinking for the borders and uploaded it to the blog. My virtual design wall looked like this.


Today, I added borders . . . now I need to take a better photo than this one and decide if I will be quilting this as a banner–it's approximately 12 x 54 inches now–or using it as part of a larger Block Lotto 2010 Sampler quilt.

2 comments:

lj_cox said...

I really like that with the borders on, very sharp.

Rian said...

Very cool. Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...