Saturday, January 02, 2010

I Know I had a Plan for These

Christmas Star Quilt WIP unpackedI decided to spend the afternoon with an old quilt project and move it forward.

I pulled out the package which had a bunch of blocks, an assortment of Christmas fabrics–the holidays always make me feel like working on Christmas projects in January, an inspiration photo (for the pieced border) and a scribbled layout I had designed.

Now, if only I knew what those letters in the layout stood for . . .


I had a plan . . .

After counting up the numbers of blocks I have and comparing it with letters on this scribble of a plan, my guess is that C is for Checkerboard (16-patch) blocks and R is for the Reverse version of The Dewey's Victory block . . . but what the heck did I mean by "S" and "P"?

I thought I might have blogged by intentions, but only found this In Progress blog post, which talks about an early decision to pull apart some blocks from the swap and turn them all into Dewey's Victory blocks.

It's clear that my project du jour will first mean putting together a Design Wall that I can use in the itty bitty loft–which has neither the space nor suitable walls. I'm going to need that design space to figure out what I intended and move this project forward.

Note to Self: all future notes to self should be a bit more expansive and understandable than that scribble . . . and have a key provided ;-)

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I have the same problem with my notes. It's like, "What?" Some of them I can figure out but many of them don't make any sense. I think I scribble them when I am fast and furiously thinking of an idea and the permanence of that idea never sinks into my brain. So later when I want to extract it, it really isn't there. Well, that's my story. . .

Good Luck figuring it all out!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! I do that too! And it's such a decision whether to continue on and try to figure it out, or just bag it and put the fabric back in my stash. Thanks for the laugh!

Tamera said...

he he he

Your "note to self" made me laugh out loud!

Good grief, if I haven't done that at least once or twice...or maybe more, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...