Friday, January 22, 2010

Easy Peasy Cheesy Broccoli Soup

Cheesy Broccoli SoupI wanted something quick for lunch, so I made this cream of broccoli soup. Yes, it is easy peasy (and cheesy!)

How easy?

As easy-peasy as one, two threezy:

1. Steam broccoli in vegetable broth–I used my homemade vegetable broth

2. Transfer the broccoli and broth to a blender and blend to your personally preferred level of smoothness

3. Return to the pot on low heat. Taste and season as needed. Add a little cream and some grated cheese. Stir over heat until the cheese has melted.

I used 2 cups of broth, a little over a half-cup of cream and (I'm guessing on these ) 3 cups of broccoli and a cup of grated pecorino-romano cheese. It made enough for 3 generous servings.

If you're a meat eater, you might garnish with a little crumbled bacon.

5 comments:

Barbara C said...

Mmm. I'm going to save this recipe. We're expecting more soup weather.

Christine Thresh said...

We have this soup all the time. I love it. Robert does not blend it, we have little chunks in it.

Rainbows in Wool said...

Now I'm really hungry. w

Rainbows in Wool said...

I used a lazy persons precut decent sized package of brocalli, fresh though
8 oz white cheddar
1 can chiken broth
1 little thing of whippin cream
Thanks Sophie, now I have soup for a few days. w

sophie said...

Bon appetit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...