Friday, January 22, 2010

Blue Skies

Blue Skies over Commerce StreetOn days like today, with sunshine, beautiful blue skies–even in the "canyons" of downtown Dallas–and 70 degree temps, I am reminded of how happy I was to be here soon after I arrived from freezing Michigan last January.

I still treasure January days like today.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that a couple of tornadoes came through the area a couple nights ago and that the forecast for tomorrow is more thunderstorms.

But for the moment, everyone seems to be enjoying the sunshine, even these 4 Dallas policemen, patrolling downtown. Notice the short sleeves on the guys on the Sega scooters.

Sega Patrol

4 comments:

Goblinf said...

I can't work out how to follow your blog Sophie, am I being an idiot?
Lois Goblinf

sophie said...

It's not you ... It's me. I need to add the widget to this blog and I will as soon as I'm home--I amreading mail over a cafe latte at the Dallas Farmers Market and saw your comment.

Goblinf said...

Ah ok. I've finished the nine blocks and have taken a pic. Emailed you with my postal address, is there anything else you need from me to be able to send me the invite to post my blocks on the Block Lotto blog?

http:\\goblinfblog.blogspot.com

Lois Goblinf

Rainbows in Wool said...

If you sit at my desk facing my computer and looking at about 1 to 2 o'clock the reflection on the window of the building across the way looks like mountains. Seriously. Jason thought it looked like a butt though. At least I can fantasize for a short while each day. this happens in the morning. w

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...