Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

My birthday gift to myself came from The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. It's a wonderful. happy little quilt made by Melody Crust.

I couldn't resist gifting myself when I walked past their booth just before the show closed on Friday night and heard that they were very close to reaching the $20,000 mark in their fundraising effort. I was happy to push them over the top. We celebrated with photos. I apologize for forgetting the name of the woman from an Alzheimer Research organization on the left.

. . . and I helped

This is my second quilt acquired from this wonderful effort. In the October online auction, I won Amy's fabulous little art quilt, The Ties That Bind.

I can't wait to hear the grand total from the booth at Quilt Festival and I'm very happy to be able to say that I helped.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday!Both little quilts are very pretty.
Sheri

Christine Thresh said...

Happy Birthday. May all your wishes come true.

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday. What a wonderful birthday present!

Debra Dixon said...

Happy Birthday! Nice to see some pictures of you--the first for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...