Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stash, Stashing, Stash-busting

I almost never buy fabric with a specific purpose. Everything goes into my stash and nearly everything I use when I'm making quilts comes from my stash. I wonder, does that make every quilt I make a stash-buster?

My stash feels pretty right-sized these days and–with the exception of the museum sale a couple months ago, I'm not buying much fabric. I was surprised how UNDERweight my luggage was on the trip home from Houston. (I didn't buy any patterns at all.) However, even though I didn't buy much fabric in Houston, I did PRINT some, in a Thermofax Basics class.

Printed fabrics
I'm itching to use this in something, though I probably won't chose it for my response to Amy's Project Runway Challenge. And I want to print some more handwriting fabric with thickened dyes . . . sometime soon.

4 comments:

AmyB said...

Oooohhh... I *love* fabric with words on it! What fun to have a neat stash of fabric you printed yourself, for special project.

sophie said...

It's MY handwriting, so whenever I look at the fabric I recognize it. I forgot the folder with my designs to choose from to make the screen in class, so hurriedly created this design just before class. I'm pleased with the result.

The Calico Cat said...

Tee Hee! Underweight...
Luckily we brought 1 bag of clothers & 1 empty bag... (I brought home my coin collection - one of the pitfalls of staying at Chez Dad...)

I made up for not buying patterns in Houston, by buying some on my local shop hop... :o)
Don't tell, Mr. Calico Cat doesn't know about those...

Debra Dixon said...

Very cool handwriting fabric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...