Sunday, November 11, 2007

Speaking of Handmade . . .

I received email from Sheri saying she keeps checking for those 1000 photos I took at the International Quilt Festival. It could take some time . . . but here's a start.

She

I have never made a quit entirely by hand; I don't know if I ever will. But I was blown away by this group of quilts at the show. I loved this quilt–She, by Tomoko Matsuura. Amy mentioned another favorite from this group, A Brighter Garden, by Megumi Mizuno. Here's one of my detail photos of it.

Detail from A Brighter Garden

There were amazing hand-pieced quilts, too, like this top two winners in this category. Check out the rest of my photos of the handmade quilts here.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh that is beautiful! Maybe looking at these is not so good. When I see a quilt like this I feel the quilts I make are kind of pathetic.
:) Sheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...