Sunday, November 25, 2007

Walking in This World

I created this blog a couple years ago as a requirement of a group of quilters working their way through Julia Cameron's The Artist Way.

When we finished, a few of us talked about looking at the sequel, Walking in the World, but never really got started.


(image and link, courtesy of Amazon)

I'm ready now . . . and planning to start after the holidays, in early January. Want to join me? My "walks" should be interesting, given Michigan winters and short winter days.

7 comments:

AmyB said...

Well, I ordered the book (lucky me still had a Borders gift card from my birthday)... I'm not sure if this will be a good time to do the work, though...

Hilda said...

I've had the book since we finished The Artist Way. I'd love to join you. We also moved from a pleasant, unseasonably warm fall to snow on Thanksgiving, and then zero for a low this morning. Brrrrr! As always though, we were rewarded with sunshine today which is a real necessity for solar gain heat in my sewing room.

sophie said...

The good news for those short on time is that the only thing you really have to do each week is do the reading, which is usually only a few pages. The exercises and morning pages aren't being graded you know?

froghair said...

hmm... sounds intriguing! let me find a copy of the book and think on it. I wouldn't want to start and then flake!

sophie said...

I think a lot of people never make it all the way through this book or The Artist Way, so I wouldn't worry about flaking. FYI, I also started a discussion about this book on the quilting forum. You can check out what others are saying here.

froghair said...

great, thanks! I was also going to ask: is reading The Artist Way first recommended, or can I start with Walking, having never heard of this author or her books before?

froghair said...

I've ordered the book, I'm in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...